- May: Release of new dataset and beginning of challenge
- July 17th (23:59 GMT): Paper submission deadline (EXTENDED)
- July 17th (23:59 GMT): Challenge submission deadline (EXTENDED)
- July 31th: Decisions released to authors
- August 1st: Challenge results evaluated
- September 7th: Extended abstract final submission deadline
- September 7th: Presentation slides submission deadline
- September 9th: Workshop @ ECCV (9:00 CET)
- September 30th (23:59 GMT): Full paper camera ready deadline
Date: Morning of Sunday September, 9th 2018
Place: N1179, TU Munich
Workshop proceedings including full papers are available online. Extended abstracts and presentation slides can be downloaded by clicking the titles below.
- 9:00 Introduction by the organisers [5min]
- 9:05 Invited Talk: Andrew Davison [30min]
- 9:35 Spotlight presentations of accepted papers and extended abstracts [40min]
- Jong-Chyi Su, Matheus Gadelha, Rui Wang, Subhransu Maji, A Deeper Look at 3D Shape Classifiers
- Priyanka Mandikal, Navaneet K L, R Venkatesh Babu, 3D-PSRNet: Part Segmented 3D Point Cloud Reconstruction from a Single Image
- Ali Caglayan, Ahmet Burak Can, Exploiting Multi-Layer Features Using a CNN-RNN Approach for RGB-D Object Recognition
- Denis Tananaev, Huizhong Zhou, Benjamin Ummenhofer, Thomas Brox, Temporally Consistent Depth Estimation in Videos with Recurrent Architectures
- Andrea Palazzi, Luca Bergamini, Simone Calderara, Rita Cucchiara, End-to-end 6-DoF Object Pose Estimation through Differentiable Rasterization
- Waleed Ali, Sherif Abdelkarim, Mahmoud Zidan, Mohamed Zahran, Ahmad El Sallab, YOLO3D: End-to-end real-time 3D Oriented Object Bounding Box Detection from LiDAR Point Cloud
- Lama Seoud, Jonathan Boisvert, Marc-Antoine Drouin, Michel Picard, Guy Godin, Increasing the robustness of CNN-based human body segmentation in range images by modeling sensor-specific artifacts
- Suhani Vora, Anelia Angelova, Soeren Pirk, Reza Majhourian, Future Semantic Segmentation Leveraging 3D Information (extended abstract PDF)
- Clara Fernandez Labrador, José María Fácil, Alejandro Perez Yus, Cedric Demonceaux, Josechu Guerrero, PanoRoom: From the Sphere to the 3D Layout (extended abstract PDF)
- 10:15 Invited Talk: Thomas Funkhouser [30min]
- 10:45 Coffee Break & Poster presentations [45min]
- 11:30 Discussion of the challenge and results [10min]
- 11:40 Oral presentations by challenge winners [10min] – DTIS, HAB
- 11:50 Invited Talk: Christian Häne [30min]
- 12:20 Panel discussion with invited speakers [20min]
- 12:40 Closing
All accepted papers and extended abstracts will be presented through both a spotlight and a poster presentation. Spotlight presentations are 4 minutes for papers and 2 minutes for extended abstracts. Since there will be a poster session, there will be no questions during the spotlight presentations.
To avoid problems when switching laptops, we kindly ask all presenters to send us their slides (either as a Powerpoint or PDF file) until September 7th. Please upload the slides to a web platform, e.g., Google Drive or Dropbox, and send a link to the file to Torsten Sattler. If this is not possible for you or there are problems, please contact Torsten Sattler.
Posters will have to be in portrait mode as the poster boards are 1.2×1 meters and cannot hold landscape posters. This is the same for all workshops and we will not be able to change this. More details can be found on the conference website.
Please note that for every paper and extended abstract that is presented at the workshop, at least one author needs to attend the workshop. Thus, at least one author needs be registered for ECCV (either workshops only or the main conference including the workshops). Registration instructions were sent to authors via CMT.